These webinars cover common questions that arise as candidates are considering running for a seat on their board of education:
- What Does It Mean to be a School Board Member: Roles and responsibilities - review the responsibilities of serving as a school board member.
- Being a School Board Candidate - learn about being a candidate for your school board.
- Campaign First Steps - review the legal aspects of setting up your campaign.
- Campaign Contributions - review the types of financial contributions that are permitted to support your campaign.
- Campaign Expenditures - learn about the four types of expenditures allowable for campaign funds.
- Campaign Reporting Requirements - learn about the requirements for reporting campaign contributions and expenditures.
- Pre-Board Candidate Webinar - Led by OSBA staff, this webinar describes the roles and responsibilities of school board service and requirements for running for a seat on a local board of education. Recording date July 10, 2021 • View links referenced in the webinar