Led by OSBA experts, these five sessions held around the state will lead candidates through a concise and valuable program to help them better understand the everyday roles and responsibilities of school board members and the legal aspects of being a board member. The cost to attend is $50. Click on the links below to register.
- Sept. 8 — ESC of Northeast Ohio, Independence, 6 p.m.-9 p.m.
- Sept. 9 — Laurel Oaks Career Campus, Wilmington, 6 p.m.-9 p.m.
- Sept. 15 — Wood County ESC, Bowling Green, 6 p.m.-9 p.m.
- Sept. 16 — Muskingum Valley ESC, 6 p.m.-9 p.m.
- Sept. 18 — OSBA office, Columbus, 9 a.m.-noon
As an alternative, OSBA also is offering this workshop as an on-demand webinar beginning Monday, Aug. 9. The first half of the Board Candidate Webinar will focus on board roles and responsibilities, and the second half will cover campaign finance and legal issues. The cost is $50.
Workshop and webinar participants will receive a Board Candidate Kit, which includes "Candidate: A practical guide to running for school board book;" a subscription to the OSBA Journal, the premier bimonthly magazine for school board members; and a subscription to Briefcase, a semimonthly newsletter.